Thursday 8 January 2015

NEW YEAR NEW ME AND ALL THAT JAZZ

2014 has left the building so to speak. For me 2014 was a big year of learning about the writing and publishing business. I never thought it was going to be such an eye opening journey of ups and downs. I started the year as Just Another Self Published Author with the dream of being signed by a publishing house, and ended the year with a signed contract with a small boutique Indie publishing house based in the US called Black Opal Books (BOB). 

Yes you heard correctly. I am officially a contracted author! Now that everything has been signed sealed and delivered I feel I can finally announce the news and the name of my publisher. Time to break out the champagne and celebrate. I have been hesitant in sharing my news, as a small part of me has been thinking that at anytime BOB will have realized they made a mistake and rescind their offer. Too late now, they've invited me to their Yahoo Group Boards! So what does this contract mean? It means another year of edits, hopefully less, as I had Stephen Ormsby, an awesome editor and owner of Australian publishing house Satalyte Publishing do a complete re-haul of Illuminated Darkness. Same story, same plot, there have just been a few tweaks to my writing that I'm confident makes the story all that much more better. However BOB need to have their edit team go over it as well. Soooo, I'm super excited for you to read the new version, but you will have to wait! Once my edits arrive it will be a rather long process, but I'm hoping it will be ready by the end of 2015 for publishing.

Now that I am Not Just Another Self Published Author, I just want to say that I'm not opposed to self publishing. Without self publishing Illuminated Darkness first, I would not have had the journey I had last year. I have learnt some very valuable lessons and have gained some great advice. Will I self publish again? Yes without a doubt, I would do it in a heart beat. 

Now my initial dream of signing a contract has come to fruition, it's time for a new goal, a new book and new ideas.

Stay tuned, 2015 is the year of me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment